THE MULTI-DISCIPLINARY ENGINEERING COMPANY SINCE 1950
During 2010 we celebrated our 60th year in business, and thought it would be interesting to review the history of our multi-disciplinary engineering Practice and look forward to an exciting future.
It all started when, in 1950, a young engineer called Tom Harley-Haddow realised his ambition to start his own business. At the time, Tom lectured in Structures at the Edinburgh College of Art, School of Architecture (now a faculty of Edinburgh University), and his vision was to provide an all-encompassing design service to clients which include Civil/Structural Engineering, and Architecture. Within a few short years, the business had grown to include several partners and as many as 100 staff, dealing with a variety of prestigious commissions in all sectors of the building industry, including one of Scotland’s first space frame structures at Edinburgh Airport, Meadowbank Stadium and Glenrothes Sport Centre.
Adaptability, flexibility and direct personal service to all of our clients has been the mark of our service throughout the decades, and we have always combined this with innovation and solid team working.