< Back To Project List
50 GEORGE SQUARE
Multi phased £40m city centre University refurbishment and new build of the iconic David Hume Tower, a grade A listed 14 storey reinforced concrete framed building, and surrounding buildings and basement area.
- Extensive pre-development surveys to minimise where possible structural intervention.
- Introduction of new lecture theatres and staff space with a new roof top extension.
- Circulation improved by driving new stair cores and creating a signature entrance area from George Square into the development.
- High degree of service, structure and architectural integration to ensure minimal site disruption.
- Early contractor liaison to discuss key site logistic and operation matters.