< Back To Project List
EDINBURGH CENTRE FOR CARBON INNOVATION
Harley Haddow were part of the design team for this landmark building for the University of Edinburgh. The project involved the re-use of an existing listed building with new build extensions with an emphasis on low carbon design. The project achieved a BREEAM Outstanding rating and is the first refurbished building in the UK to achieve this.
- Specialised ‘vapour open’ system of insulation to limit energy loss and ensuring good indoor air quality.
- Heat recovery from high level of the central atrium to pre-heat the air serving occupied spaces.
- Solar controlled glazing.
- Energy efficient lighting controls.
- Connection to the University district CHP system.