< Back To Project List
This project involved a rigorous assessment of an existing multi-storey braced reinforced concrete framed office building to confirm the load carrying capacity and allow a suitable development which included the introduction of three new high level storeys in steel frame. This is a now a 5 star, 89 bedroom boutique hotel with bar, restaurant and gym located just north of the Bank of England opened on time and within budget.
- Ambitious programme for design and construction to be met
- Tight city centre London site demanded design and construction integration
- Careful understanding of structure so that new roof top floors could be added yet minimise any new foundation works
- Advanced structural works ensured that temporary works were limited.
- Full recladding of the building was required together with extending and creating new lift shafts