We offer a progressive, industry-leading work environment and are always interested to hear from people who can help us stay at the forefront of consulting engineering. A list of our current vacancies can be viewed below.
Senior Structural Engineer (London)
Due to continued growth and recent high-profile project wins, we are looking for a self-starting engineer with demonstrable post-graduate experience and a desire to work on design-led projects to join our engineering practice in Southwark.
The role would include the training and development of the candidate, including working towards Chartered Engineer status if this is not already attained.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to help develop and enhance the current civil and structural engineering design team in a growing multi-disciplinary design office.
Key responsibilities include;
- Responsibility for the delivery of the Structural design on projects assigned to you including detailed design/ production information and specifications
- To assist in the management of projects or particular elements of projects to ensure delivery dates are met
- To liaise closely with the Technical Director/Director and ensure that tasks are programmed and achieved.
- To assist with supervision and management of graduate engineers and technicians.
- You shall be aware of the time and costs spent on projects.
- To represent Harley Haddow through direct contact with clients and other design team members.
- To ensure that repeat business is continued by excellent delivery and client relationships.
- Be actively involved in the day to day operations of the design office, and assist in improving efficiencies and quality.
Candidates should have the following experience;
- Degree qualified and a Member of appropriate Institution.
- Demonstrable experience in preparation of structural engineering designs
- Good IT skills with experience of MS Office Suite and AutoCAD and proficiency in the use of engineering design/analysis software
- Demonstrable expertise in time and project management, delivery and quality of engineering designs.
- Be self motivated and able to work individually as well as part of a wider engineering team
- Excellent people skills and team working approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- Be prepared to travel to meetings and projects as necessary.
Harley Haddow offer an industry-leading environment of engineering experts, career progression and the chance to work on a huge range of projects and sectors throughout the UK. We have three modern, open plan, central offices and encourage professional chartership throughout our teams as well as the chance to have input on the business direction and growth. Some of our senior management started as graduates and now run their own teams and offices.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com